Paul Torday Prize 2020 open for entries!
Posted on August 2, 2019
Paul Torday published his first novel Salmon Fishing in the Yemen aged 60. The family have decided to set up this new prize in Torday’s honour, celebrating first novels by authors aged 60 or over.
The winner will receive £1,000, with a set of Paul Torday’s collected works. Runners-up will receive one specially selected Paul Torday novel with a commemorative book plate.
Entry to the 2020 prize is now open.
The deadline for entries is 30 November 2019 at 5pm (GMT).
- Submissions must have been first published in the UK and Republic of Ireland between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019
- Submissions must be in English and must not be a translation
- Submissions must be the author’s first published full length fiction work, but they can have had works published of other lengths or other genres in the past
- Applicants must be aged 60 or over at the date of first print publication of the novel and must be living at the date of submission
- The prize does not accept books that are only available in e-format or that are self-published or where the author has contributed or paid for the costs of publishing.
- Submissions must be made by the print publisher